Wind and Air Currents – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with one fully interactive presentation slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (convection, global wind).
• Understanding how temperatures vary based on the angle of sunlight hitting the Earth
• Explanation of how sea breezes occur
• Explanation of how land breezes occur
• Convection discussed
• Global winds described
The last slide is white-background and used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slide and printable:
• The activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions of a sea breeze and land breeze set of pictures. Students will identify the high and low temperature areas, the high and low pressure areas, as well as the wind direction in each picture.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.