2-ESS2-1: Compare multiple solutions designed to slow or prevent wind and water from changing the shape of the land. (Examples of solutions could include different designs of dikes and windbreaks to hold back wind and water, and different designs for using shrubs, grass, and trees to hold back the land.)
K-2-ETS1-3: Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each perform.
2.RI.4: Determine the meaning of words/phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
• Speaking and Listening:
2.SL.1: Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 2 topics/texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups
• I can statement(s)
• Possible question(s)
• Teacher Vocabulary cards (aligned to NGSS standards)
• Suggestion teacher reads/trade books (fiction and non-fiction)
• Generic lesson plan flowchart based upon NGSS and the 5 Es
• Editable Science Talk flip book cards
• Editable Science Detective graphic organizer