Updated October 25, 2015 - Multiplication, Division, Time word problems packet for Special Education and ESL 4th grade students. This math packet contains 35 pages of math activities (word problems, arrays, telling time) centered around Darling Dolly's organization of a Winter Feast for the local rescue animals.
I've always loved paper dolls and found out early in my teaching career that they were one way I could reach many of my non-responsive students. Have a student who is in the middle of a tantrum? Just pull out a set of their favorite type animal and start arranging the paper - before you know it the crying has stopped and they are looking at the graphics and then doing the work!
Here's what you get:
1) 16 Word problems (majority are simple multiplication, one division, several estimate, one multi-step) listed on cards that can be laminated to play on the enclosed Darling Dolly game board. Plus, the answer key.
2) 6 pages of time telling skills practice (no answer key needed).
3) 1 Pig Array which covers 6's (Multiplication and Division; plus, skip counting by 6). Answer key included.
4) 1 Frog Array covers 7's (Multiplication and Division; plus, skip counting by 7). Answer key included.
5) 1 Bird Array covers 8's (Multiplication and Division; plus, skip counting by 8). Answer key included.
6) 1 Dog Array covers 9's (Multiplication and Division; plus, skip counting by 9). Answer key included.
7) 1 Decorative "scratch" paper to copy for students.
8) 1 Darling Dolly Game Board.
9) 3 pages of paper doll/picture cutouts (Darling Dolly and her animals) to enact Darling Dolly's Holiday Luncheon for the Rescue Animals as a reinforcement for completing the work in this activity.
10) 2 easy assessment pages (Teacher Checklist) are included that can be used to plan your instruction/interventions and help with IEP goal writing.
11) IEP goal outline on many of the pages so you can fill in progress and keep it to show proof of mastery of a targeted IEP goal.
Most of this packet is editable (except for restricted graphics pages). In both powerpoint and PDF form.
ANSWER KEYS FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE ANALOG TIME (which is where the students draw in the arms of the clocks that one you'll have to look at and decide if they have met their IEP goal or not).
Thanks for reading and have a great day! Peggy Simpson Rescue Dogs' Series
Enjoy and take a look at some of my other math products:
Bundled Coins and Paper Money
Coins with The Rescue Dogs
Paper Money with The Rescue Dogs
Percentage of Increase and Decrease Trashketball
4th Grade Math
Pythagorean Pig Part 1 The Hypotenuse
Pythagorean Pig Part 2 Legs The Goat
Pythagorean Theorem Bundle
Area and Perimeter Build A Cage Free Zoo
Exponential Growth and Decay