The students will be able to name and identify 2D shapes.
This Winter theme two Dimensional Shape unit is filled with fun and engaging activities that will teach your students to identify and recognize basic shapes! Images include snowflakes, polar bears, penguins, snowman, and more. Great for math centers and independent or partner practice! There are numerous different games including Bump, Match It, Roll and Cover, BINGO, Dominoes, Count and Graph, Color by Code, Spin and Count, Clip Cards, Puzzle Cards, and more! There is a color and black and white version included for each game!
Games Included in this resource:
- Bump - Students play with a partner. They will spin a shape and cover it up on the mat and try not to get bumped off by their partner.
- Dominoes - Students can play independently or with a partner to match the shapes and build a train with the pieces.
- Roll & Cover - Students will play independently. They will roll a dice and cover the matching shape on the mat.
- Count the Shapes - Students will play independently. They will look at the collage of shapes and count and record the number of each shape.
- Count & Graph - Students will play independently. They will look at the collage of shapes and count and graph the number of each shape.
- Match It - Students will play independently. They will look at the code and place the cubes on the shapes according to the color code.
- Spin and Color - Students will play independently. They will spin a shape and color the matching shape on the worksheet until all shapes have been colored.
- Spin and Graph - Students will play independently. They will spin a shape and graph their spin on the worksheet until one shape reaches the top.
- Color by Code - Students will play independently. They will color each piece of the picture according to the shape code. Easy and advanced versions included.
- Clip Cards - Students will play independently. They will look at the picture and clip the matching shape with a clothespin.
- BINGO - Students can play in small groups. They will cover up the shapes called until one person has a straight line or the entire board covered.
- Shape Discrimination Cards - Students will play independently. They will look at the picture in the middle and cover up all the matching shapes around the sides.
- Puzzle Cards - Students can play independently or in partners. Students will match the shape to the picture and put the puzzle pieces together.
How can you use this resource in your classroom?
- This is a great activity for shape practice! Students can work on these independently during math centers.
- This could also be used for morning tubs or as early finisher buckets!
- You can also laminate these or put them in dry erase sleeves so students can reuse these again and again!
- They come in color and black and white to help make printing easier!
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this brings your students excitement and makes your job a little easier! If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs.
I truly appreciate feedback. It helps me decide which products are most helpful and valuable for your students. The feedback you provide helps me make my products better to suit your needs. I Love to create so if there is anything that you might need or want to make your job easier, just let me know!
To Earn Credit for Future Purchases,
Go to My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback Link. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Why is feedback so important? Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a Follower
If you would like to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches, click the GREEN STAR next to my shop logo on my main page and you will become a follower. This action will now send you email updates about this store. If you have any questions, be sure to contact me!
© Copyright 2019 Julie Davis Big Ideas For Little Hands
All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.