* Winter Word Search (Gain Attention/Icebreaker)
* Essay Practice - Writing with supporting details (Topic: My favorite thing do do in the Winter)
* Short Story - 5 W's (who, what, where, when, why) - Students will describe their journey as if they were a falling snowflake
* Sequencing - Students will then illustrate (on the sheet provided) Their story in the order it happened (2 different tips on what to do with this activity to make it even more creative)
* Graphic Organizer for the 5 W's
* Graphic Organizer for 5 paragraph essays
This is great for 1st - 3rd with minor modifications (what you expect from the students). I have included 2 common core standards for each grade. One for reading and one for writing. Thank you for looking! I will have a Spring Unit soon and I will also be selling the graphic organizers separately from this unit.