Winter Activities Math Mystery Pictures Game: Practice place value, sequencing, addition and subtraction with this fun and engaging Winter theme Mystery Pictures game for interactive whiteboards and computer stations.
This game is designed to be projected onto your SMARTBoard, Promethian, Mimio or Interactive Whiteboard. It is also a perfect game to set up on a computer workstation for students to play independently or in small groups.
Using the interactive in-game hundreds chart, students will have fun answering questions to reveal a mystery picture.
There are 8 question types to choose from:
- place value: e.g. 5 tens 7 ones
- Sequencing : e.g. 56,__,58
- easy addition : number plus 1 to 5. e.g. 54+3=?
- medium addition: number plus 6 to 10. e.g. 48+9=?
- hard addition: double digit addition. e.g. 25+32=?
- easy subtraction : number minus 1 to 5. e.g. 59-2=?
- medium subtraction : number minus 6 to 10. e.g. 65-8=?
- hard subtraction : double digit subtraction. e.g. 89-32=?
There are 6 mystery pictures to choose from: Snowman, Toboggan, Penguin, Owl, Polar Bear, Fox.
This game was designed with Flash technology so that it will run on any PC or Mac computer without the need for specific software. It runs in your default free internet browser program.
Please download my free Penguin Waddle Race game
and play it on your computer to ensure that your browser can run games in this format.
How to Play
Whole Class Cooperation
The class works together answering questions on the interactive whiteboard to reveal the mystery picture.Have one student at a time come up to the interactive whiteboard and answer a question by touching the correct number on the hundreds chart.
Small group or single player
– Played on a computer workstation, PC or Mac
Start the game on a computer and allow the student(s) to play for a certain length of time.
If you like this game you may also like my other interactive games:
Build a Monster - Math Game
Winter Sports Games
Busy Bees CVCs Word Game
100th Day of School Games
and many more ...