PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Keep your students engaged through the holidays and the excitement of winter with these winter activities that fit a wide range of levels! Includes New Years Activities. For most activities, there are at least 2 options included with or without writing. These activities are aimed at students in grades 1-5, but please take a close look at the preview to ensure they are appropriate for your students.
• Word Searches: 4 levels included with winter vocabulary terms. Answer Keys included.
• Winter or Winter & Holidays Bingo: (2 options) “Find someone who...” Bingo is a fun way to get students to move, interact, and share their winter favorites. Students create their own Bingo boards, and then play! 2 Cards are included for each the Winter or Winter & Holidays Bingo (full page or half page option).
• Mid-Year Reflections: Students write/draw about areas they have improved in and areas they still need to work on.
• Mid-Year Goal Setting: Students set goals for each of the subject areas for the remainder of the year.
• Winter Favorites: Students write/draw their favorite winter activities, book, movie, song, etc.
• New Year’s Resolutions Balloons: 2 options included (with or without lines for writing) for 3 goals/resolutions.
• New Year’s Resolution Foldable: Similar to an interactive graphic organizer, students cut, glue, and fold to create a 2 page foldable with 4 goals.
• My ____ (year) Memories Movie: A movie reel that students draw and write about 5 memories from the year.
• Snow Day Movie Reel: Students illustrate and write about 5 things they would do on their perfect snow day.
• All About My Snow Day: A record sheet for students to fill in when returning to school from a snow day.
• Happy Holidays: Students illustrate and write about how their family celebrates the holidays.
• Mitten Memories: Where have your mittens been? A fun way for students to tell about 2 memories they have from a winter. Included are 2 options (with writing or illustration only)
• Snowy Senses: Students use a visual organizer to show how they use their five senses in the snow. A Winter Senses option is also included for students unfamiliar with the snow.
• Snowball Fight! Throw Kindness Like Snowballs: Students reflect on 3 or 5 times they have been kind this year. Included are 2 options (3 large snowballs with space for writing, or 5 smaller snowballs)
• "Throw Snowballs Like Kindness" Classroom Community Craft: This is a fun whole class activity for students to create and decorate their own buckets of kindness snowballs to carry home. Students write kind things about each student on snowballs and place them into their classmates’ buckets. More detail is included in the product preview.
• Winter Bingo & Calling Cards: 2/page (28 cards total). Calling cards come in b&w or color. The color cards can be great to use for a bulletin board display of winter vocabulary words.
• Making Words: Students make words from Wintertime, Hot Chocolate, & Snowflakes. Answer Key is included.
• Break the Code: Students decode a message from the teacher (2 Options). Answer Key is included.
For a discount on this resource, along with more winter resources check out the Winter Bundle!
More Seasonal Resources: