Winter No Prep Kindergarten
No Prep Winter Activities for Kindergarten
This pack is also part of a
No Prep ALL YEAR BUNDLE
that saves you 30% compared to buying the individual sets and provides you with a whole year of great no prep activities.
UPDATED - January 2016
•13 new pages added;
•all other pages polished;
•'name' space added to all pages;
This is a pack of real FUN and MEANINGFUL winter activities. They are No Prep Winter Activities so you just Print and Go have fun with the kids. Each of them is designed to provide as much practice as possible. There are a lot of pages for more than one skill. For example, there is a page to make a pattern with letters you get after you use the spinner. Or count sight words and compare their number. Kids really ENJOY the winter activities in this pack and ask to do many of the them more than once.
The pack of winter activities includes:
1-4 Words Counting Snowman
– a cute snowman counting the snowflakes with sight words. There are 2 sight words featured on every page. Kids count, write how many of each and compare the numbers. A great activity to incorporate Math and ELA skills.
the - she; make - look; come – my; you – said; (4 pages)
5. Spin and Make a Word. Penguin Sight Words.
This may be used as a game with two kids racing to trace their words or as independent work. Spin, get a letter and trace it. Repeat until you’ve traced all the letters. This practices both writing and reading at the same time. (the and her)
6. Spin and Make a Word. Penguin Sight Words.
(we and he)
7. Spin and Make a Word. Penguin Sight Words.
(not and one)
8. Find and Tally Sight Words
– look for sight words in the picture of a snowman, then tally and count how many there are - (where, find, you, here)
9. Find and Tally Sight Words
– look for sight words in the picture of a snowman, then tally and count how many there are - (said, down, away, for)
10. What’s my vowel
– help the penguin mark the vowel in the middle. CVC words – listen to the middle sound and mark it.
11. Yummy Words
– Practice reading CVC words with this delicious page. Fill in the marshmallows with the missing letters. Cut and Paste – one letter missing.
12. Yummy Words 2
– Practice reading CVC words with this delicious page. Fill in the marshmallows with the missing letters. Cut and Paste – all letters. (same words as above)
13. Snow Globes CVC Words
- Read and trace the word. Cut and paste the matching picture.
14. Bird Word Families
- Where do the birds live? Cut and paste in the correct house.
15. Trace a CVC Word
- Spin and trace a word that has this vowel. Repeat until all the words are traced.
16. Color a CVCe Word Snow Globe
- Spin and color a matching snow globe. Repeat until all the snow globes are colored.
17. Penguin Blends
- Cut and paste the correct blend.
18. Find my Mittens.
– Some cute animals (bear, raccoon, monkey and pig) have lost their mittens. They are easy to spot as they rhyme with their hats. There is a picture on the hat and words to read on the mittens. Cut and paste the mittens on the animals’ hands to keep them warm. Kids absolutely LOVE this one.
19. Snowflake Vowels
– read the winter word and count the vowels – pictures and words included. Mark how many - color, dab or stamp the number.
20. Label a Penguin
– Kids look at the Word Bank and write the words to label the penguin.
21. Winter Sentences
– The Snowman – cut and paste the words to make a simple sentence. Copy the sentence on the lines.
22. Winter Sentences
– The Snowflake – cut and paste the words to make a simple sentence. Copy the sentence on the lines.
23. Winter Sentences
– The Penguins – cut and paste the words to make a simple sentence. Copy the sentence on the lines.
24. Snowy Anchor Chart
25. Snowy Anchor Chart
26. Snowy Anchor Chart
– Snowmen (picture)
27. Snowy Anchor Chart
– Penguin (picture)
28. Snowy Anchor Chart
29. Winter Wonderland Gallery
– read the CVC word and draw it
30. Winter Wonderland Gallery
– write your words and draw them
31. ABC Patterns
– Spin to choose 3 letters, and then continue the pattern using them. Lower case letters.
32. ABC Patterns
– Spin to choose 3 letters, and then continue the pattern using them. Upper case letters.
33. Snowman Spin on Punctuation
– A fun activity to practice recognizing end punctuation marks. Great for small group activity. Kids spin to choose a punctuation mark, name it and produce a sentence that should end with it. It is super fun for the kids to change their intonation. May be played as Bump Game.
34. Where are the penguins?
- Read simple sentences to know where to place the penguins - on, behind, in or under the igloo. Then color the penguins. (to place the ones in and behind you may cut half of the penguins).
35. Match the number words.
– Cut and paste the number words to match them to the numbers on the snowmen’s hats.
36. Stamping through the snow
– use a stamp (or a dabber or just color) – to show what the number is on the line of snowflakes.
37. Birds in Winter
– Where do they live? Less or Greater than 10? - Cut and Paste the birds that are less than 10 in the 1st tree. The ones that are greater than 10 in the 2nd.
38. Penguins Walk
– 1 more, 1 less. Write the next and previous numbers on penguins’ bellies.
39. Mittens Counting
- Count by 2s and fill in the missing numbers.
40. Count by 10
– Blank blocks of 10. Roll a 10-digit die. Color as many tens. Write how many this is in the box.
41. Snowflake Match
- What snowflakes fall from each cloud? Cut and Paste the snowflakes to match the sums to the results.
42-43. Winter Puzzles.
Compare teen numbers. Look at the numbers. Which is greater? Cut and paste the puzzle pieces to check. Then copy the numbers sentences. (2 pages)
44. Penguins Ten Frames
– Look at the number of the penguin’s belly and fill the ten frame accordingly.
45. Making Ten Snowflakes
– Color the snowflakes blue. How many more to make ten? Draw purple snowflakes to fill the 10 frame. Then complete the number sentence.
46. Snowmen Ten Frames
- How many more to make ten. Draw more snowmen to fill the 10 frame. Then solve the number sentence.
47. Snowy Twenty Frames
– Teen Numbers - Cut and paste the numbers to match the ten frames.
48. Big Numbers Roll
- Roll a die to add the second digit of a teen number. Show the number on the ten frame. Tally it.
49. Let’s ADD
- Penguin + Snowman - Spin once on the penguin’s belly and then on the
snowman’s and add the two numbers together.
50. Snow Globes Addition
- Cut and paste the snowmen to match the results.
51. Roll and Add
- Roll two dice. Write the number sentence in the column matching the result.
52-53. More Marshmallows, Please!
– There are some marsh mallows. Cut and paste more to make the number on the cup. (2 pages)
54. Yummy treat for a cold day!
– Color by sum.
55. Birds Fact Families
- Which of the birds are from the fact family. Solve the number sentences and color the ones that live in the house.
56. Spin and Add Snowflakes
- Spin on each snowflake and add the two numbers.
57. Spin and Subtract Snowflakes
- Spin on each snowflake and subtract.
58. Find My Other Mitten
- Find the mittens that are the two parts of the same number sentence and color them the same.
59. What come next?
– Cut and paste to complete the patterns.
60. What time is it, Mr. Snowman?
– Cut and paste the hat of the snowman to match the digital clock to the analogue one. Telling the time to the hour.
61. What time is it, Mr. Snowman?
– Cut and paste the hat of the snowman to match the digital clock to the analogue one. Telling the time to half hour.
62. Order by Size
- Cut and paste the penguins from shortest to tallest.
You can find more WINTER ACTIVITIES here.
Find more NO PREP PACKS here