Winter Addition and Subtraction - Number Line Math Center Game & Activities
Also included in
- Are you giving your first graders lots of different tools for adding and subtracting? This bundle of eleven seasonal and thematic sets will help your students use the number line with ease!Here are the individual sets included in this bundle. You'll save over 30% by purchasing this resources in thisPrice $31.00Original Price $44.75Save $13.75
- Is your class ready for snowy days? Here's a collection of themed addition, subtraction, missing addend, missing subtrahend, and place value activities that you'll love ... and so will your students! This bundle will give you everything you need for your math centers all winter long!Important Note:Price $49.50Original Price $71.25Save $21.75
Here’s a winter math center addition and subtraction activity that will give your K-1 students the practice they need to successfully add and subtract by counting up and counting back on the number line.
This resource is also included in Number Line Addition and Subtraction Full Year Seasonal Activities Bundle, a set of eleven seasonal and thematic number line resources to use in your math centers and small groups all year!
When your students read a card from the set of 135 clue cards in this set, they'll follow the directions and "catch a snowflake" by using a wipe-off marker to make an X on their own number line. The first player to have five Xs in a row wins the game.
For differentiation, two kinds of number lines are included, one with "go up" and "go back" arrows for support, and the other without the arrows.
Here's what else is included in this winter addition and subtraction resource:
* Extend this activity with the Four-in-a-Row game for your math centers or individual addition and subtraction practice.
* Two worksheets, ideal for use in small group instruction, as homework, or for a quick assessment in adding and subtracting on the number line.
* Keep the learning active with the enlarged number cards (two per page) that are in this set. Your students will enjoy making a number line on the floor and hopping along it to add and subtract.
* Assess with a cut-and-glue activity. An answer key is provided.
It's easy to get this resource ready to use! Print on card stock, cut apart, and laminate for durability. There’s even a label for your storage container. This set will be an ideal addition to your winter math centers or math tubs.
Here's what teachers like you have said about this number line resource!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lyndsi said, "Used as part of math game centres. Students really enjoyed this one."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Christi said, "As a teacher I found many ways to use this package as a great way to assess my grade one class."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Pattie said, "My students LOVE this activity!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Annette said, "Love this game! Great to use in centers!"
Here's another winter number line fun activity.
Are you ready for some Valentines Day number line activities? Click here to see Valentine Number Line Addition and Subtraction.
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original purchaser to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click here to follow my store.
You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Exclusive” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson