UPDATED 9/5/15! Please re-download if you have purchased this!!
Winter Adventure Lesson Plan Ideas
Use these sheets to supplement your literacy lessons!
1. Daily Language Activity~Students will correct the two sentences.
2. Writing Activity~Have students write about a special gift they have received. They can share what they’ve written.
3. Reading Response~Read any stories relating to winter and train rides. Students will discuss their favorite part of the story and share what it made them think of in their own life. They will then complete the reading response.
4. Hot Chocolate Sensory Activity- Distribute some hot chocolate & marshmallows (optional) to the children. Have them use their senses to taste, smell, feel, hear (slurp!), & see. They can fill out the sensory chart and tell why they liked their hot chocolate.
5. Movie Review~Show a winter-themed movie to the children. Students will rate the movie (1-5 stars). They will draw and write about what they think is the best part.
6. Book Review~After students hear or read a winter-themed story, students will rate the book (1-5 stars). They will draw and write about what they think is the best part.
7. Design a Movie Poster~Students will have the opportunity to design a movie poster for their favorite winter movie. They will write a brief summary of the movie.
8. Character Chart~Students will think about the main character of the movie. They will write 4 things what the main character does in the movie or book.
9. Setting Study~Students will think about the winter-themed story. They will think of a setting at the beginning, middle, and end. Then they will draw a picture for each and include where that setting is.
10. Adjectives~ Students will think of an adjective to describe each noun. They will then draw a picture for each. The children will be familiar with the words from the story.
11. Winter Train Ride Noun Search~ Students will locate the nouns and color them. Then they will complete a sentence by filling in 2 correct nouns.
12. Santa’s Word Sort~ Students will sort words in the –ay & -ell word family.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License