Pair these 4 fun and engaging winter read aloud stories with effective extension activities to keep your special education students engaged with the text. Using picture books in the classroom is an incredibly effective way to target many goals for special education students.
What books are these Simple Book Companions for?
1. "How to Catch a Snowman" by: Adam Wallace & Andy Elkerton
2. “Snowmen at Night” by: Caralyn Buehner
3. "The Biggest Snowman Ever" by: Steven Kroll
4. “Tracks in the Snow” by: Wong Herbert Yee
What is included for each book?
Leveled Comprehension Quizzes
- Level 1: Picture Comprehension
- Level 2: Written Response
- Level 3: Blank Response
- Craft (with real picture visuals)
- Whole Group
- Clips Cards
- Matching Cards
- Craft Sequencing
- Story Map
Teacher Planning Guide
- Suggested Schedule
- Suggested Materials
*All resources are differentiated
Do I need these books?
Book companions are a supplement to the book. These book companion resources do not contain any text from the books.
"How to Catch a Snowman" by: Adam Wallace & Andy Elkerton, “Snowmen at Night” by: Caralyn Buehner, "The Biggest Snowman Ever" by: Steven Kroll, and “Tracks in the Snow” by: Wong Herbert Yee must be purchased separately or found at your local library.
All book companions are available individually in my TPT store.
FIND ME HERE!