Have a Cariboo? You can use these fun Cariboo card sets WITH or WITHOUT a Cariboo. It's perfect for your winter themed lessons.
This 14 page download includes:
1) Directions for use WITH OR WITHOUT a CARIBOO game!
2) Visuals with familiar items that you can use to teach the concept of answering who, what, when, why, and where questions
3) 2 sets of cards for your Cariboo game doors and TWO sets of questions cards to go with them (color coded for easy sorting)
4) Wh- questions in the form of a list that correspond to the pictures in the Cariboo doors.
5) 14 QR code vidoes that link directly to kid friendly videos all about winter activities, clothing, and sporting! (direct clickable links are also provided)
Be sure to download the preview for a closer look!
*Question decks are color coded so you will always know which which question deck you are using (even after you've cut out all of the cards.)
To play Cariboo the traditional way, stack the question cards that contain the wh- questions to make a deck. If your student/client is a reader, he/she should pick a card from the question deck first. Then the student should then scan the images on the Cariboo doors and tell you which one he/she thinks answers the question. If the child is verbal, they should be expected to at least attempt to answer the question before being allowed to open the Cariboo door. Strategies are included for when your student does NOT know the answer.
****For non-readers, there’s no need to use the questions cards. Instead, I’ve included a list of all questions that you can simply read from. Be sure to cut those out and keep them with the corresponding set. You can even make up your own questions! This is how I typically play since most of my students working on this skill cannot read.
DON’T HAVE CARIBOO? That’s okay!! You can still use this product.
Instead of putting the “answer” cards in the Cariboo doors, simply place them all faceup on a table. Have students pick a question card and then scan the cards on the table to find the answer. You can use as many or as few answer choices as you would like. If students pick the correct answer, let them “keep” the card. If you want to make it a competition, whoever collects the most cards win.
If you download this and love it, please leave feedback! Your encouragement and feedback is what keeps me creating :))
This product pairs perfectly with
my Wh- Question Interactive Books
Find MORE Cariboo companion items HERE
Find MORE Winter themed products HERE
Thanks for stopping by! I'm honored that you've considered my activities for your therapy.