Winter Centers | January Math and Literacy Centers for Kindergarten
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These Math and Literacy Centers BUNDLED (Part 2) includes ALL of my math and literacy center activities for the months of January-May/June. There are 173 Center Activities included in this bundle with a 30% SAVINGS!!Students have so much fun using the hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities!Price $30.00Original Price $50.00Save $20.00
These Winter math and literacy centers are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities for January! They are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and have TONS of fun activities to do throughout the winter and/or the entire month of January! This bundle includes 32 Winter Centers!! (19 Math and 13 Literacy Activities)
Each Math and Literacy center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included as well as the Common Core standards:
• Shaking Beginning Sounds (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Identify the beginning sound of a word/picture.
• Throwing Some CVC Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Sound out and spell CVC words.
• Sight Word Fight! (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Put letters in the correct order to spell a sight word.
• Mystery Picture (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)-Read CVC words and match it to the correct picture. When the CVC words are all in place, a mystery picture will appear!
• Hats Full of Ending Sounds (RF.K.3.A, L.K.1.A)- Identify the ending sound of a word/picture.
• Mitten Digraphs (RF.K.2.D)- Identify the beginning digraph of a word/picture.
• A Cup of Letters (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Identify, match, and record uppercase and lowercase letters.
• Snowmen Middle Vowels (RF.K.3.B, L.K.1.A)- Determine the middle short vowel sound of a CVC word/picture.
• What Rhymes (RF.K.2.A)- Match rhyming pictures.
• Sentence Unscramble (RF.K.1, RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A, L.K.2)- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• A Beary Match (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Play a sight word memory match game.
• Winter Wonderland of Syllables (RF.K.2.B)- Determine and identify the number of syllables that different winter themed pictures have.
• Write the Room (RF.K.1.B, L.K.1.A)- Find winter themed pictures around the room and record the words.
• Snowman Melt! (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve different addition equations.
• Waddling Addition Sort (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve addition equations and sort them by their sums.
• Build a Number Snowman (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4, K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.5, KNBT1)- Show numbers 1-10 or 11-20 in a variety of ways.
• Counting By Ten (K.CC.A.1)- Count by ten and put number cards in order by ten from 10-100.
• Counting By Five (K.CC.A.1)- Count by five and put number cards in order by five from 5-50.
• Puzzles by Ten (K.CC.A.1)- Put numbers in order counting by ten from 10-100.
• Puzzles by Five (K.CC.A.1)- Put numbers in order counting by five from 5-50.
• A Winterful Search (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Find and count pictures different groups of pictures.
• Let’s Count On! (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Count on from a given number.
• How Many to Ten? (K.OA.A.4)- Determine how many more are needed to make ten.
• Snowy Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Unscramble a group of 3 numbers and place them in the correct order.
• An Earful of Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Put numbers 1-20 in order and write the numbers 1-20.
• Winter Roll (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.OA.A.1)- A fun game! Roll two dice, count the dots, and identify numbers.
• Snowmen Shapes (K.G.A.2)- Name the shape and find/color the shape.
• Fishing for Subtraction (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve different subtraction equations.
• Snowball Match (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Match snowball filled ten frames to the numbers 1-10 or 11-20.
• Which Has Less? (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.C.6)- Count different groups of pictures and identify the group with less.
• The Greater Skater (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.C.6)- Compare two numbers and determine which number is greater.
**NEW!!! • Counting Snowflakes (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Place snowflakes under a cloud to show the number.
Don’t forget to download the preview to see all that is included!
SAVE BIG with my Math and Literacy Centers 2 Parts MEGA BUNDLE!!
Math and Literacy Centers Part 1 of 2 Year BUNDLED
Math and Literacy Centers Part 2 of 2 Year BUNDLED
If you don't need this bundled, you can grab these centers separately!
Winter Literacy Centers Activities
Winter Math Centers Activities
You can check out my other Monthly Math and Literacy Centers Bundled below:
August: Back to School Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
September: Fall Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
October: Halloween Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
November: November Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
December: December Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
January: Winter Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
February: February Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
March: March Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
April: Spring Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
May/June/July: Summer Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Math Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram