Your littles will love these winter themed centers! This set of 11 math and literacy center activities includes one set of winter-themed, digital BOOM CARDS. With this 20-card Boom deck, students will practice 2D shapes.
This set also includes the following printable items:
* Polar Bear Reading Party This reading board game comes with 3 sets of cards (sight words; sight word sentences; and sentences with blends, digraphs, and long vowels), a 2-page game board, directions, game pieces, 2 full-color recording pages to laminate, and 4 blackline pages. Each set of cards also comes with an EDITABLE page! Just open the page with Adobe Reader to add your own words and sentences!
* Snow Fort Sort In this winter center activity, students will sort short vowel sound words according to word families. It comes with snow fort cards, 40 word cards to sort, a directions page, one full-color recording page to laminate, and 3 black line pages.
* Snow Day! This is a reading board game. It comes with a 2-page game board, 2 sets of cards (CVC words and CVCe words), one editable page so you can add your own words, game pieces, a directions page, 1 full-color recording page, and 2 black line pages. An EDITABLE page of cards is also included!
* Polar Puzzles For this center activity, students join onsets and rimes to make CVC words. There are 12 puzzles in this set. It comes with one full-color recording page and one in black line.
* Winter Word Sort In this activity, students sort real and nonsense words. This set comes with 20 words to sort, a directions page, a full color recording page, and a black line recording page.
* Playful Penguins This card game focuses on counting quantities of ten or less. The set includes number cards up to 10, a directions page, one full-color recording page to laminate, and 2 black line pages. (NOTE: You will need to include counting chips with this game.)
* Feed the Penguins This is an addition activity featuring adorable penguins! There are 25 addition problems that can be laminated as one sheet to show a pattern or cut apart for more of a challenge. Students use counters to solve each problem then write in the answers. It comes with 5 pages of addition problems, fish counters, a directions sheet, and 1 cut-and-glue page.
* Penguin Party I have included two addition games because my students need the practice! This is a card game where students draw 2 cards and add the numbers together. It’s easier because students can count the objects on each card. This game comes with cards, a directions page, 1 recording page to laminate for classroom use, and 2 black line pages.
* Winter Measurement This set has 4 pages of winter measurement fun. Each page has 4 objects for students to measure with cubes and compare. There is one blackline page.
* Snowy Subtraction This center activity has 30 subtraction problems. Students cross out the items subtracted and write each answer. It comes with one blackline page.
*****READ MORE ABOUT BOOM CARDS: Boom Cards are self-grading, DIGITAL resources. They live in the cloud. They can't be printed. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. You open a Boom Learning account to play them (to protect the children). Create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. Free accounts use purchased Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.
***Did you know??? You can use Boom Cards in Google Classroom™! Just CLICK HERE to find out how!
For more WINTER fun . . .
*Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Winter Math, measurement, math games, literacy centers, math centers, Winter Activities, Winter Reading, Kindergarten Math, Kindergarten Reading, Addition, Subtraction, Penguins, Measurement, Shapes, Boom Cards, digital resource