Looking for winter Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a winter theme.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Hot Cocoa Clip Cards (2 levels) -
Look at the pictures on the mugs. Clip the CVC word that matches. 2 versions included (one with a word matching option to provide assistance and make the cards self-checking and one without).
“Winter Fun” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
- Pick a penguin card and say the letter name. Write the letter on an ice skate in your best handwriting (both upper and lowercase letters included). *** Print two copies double sided to have space for all 26 letters.
- Pick an owl card. Say the name of the letter. Find and color its match. (Both upper and lowercase letters included).
Mitten Beginning Sound Puzzles (2 sets)
- Match up each picture mitten to its correct beginning sound letter mitten. 2 versions included (one with letters on both pieces to provide assistance and make them self-correcting, and one without).
Sips of Sight Words (Editable)
- Pick a hot cocoa card and read the sight word. Record the word on a mug. *** Editable version included in the zip file to add any words you choose.
Roll a Vowel (2 levels)
– Roll the die and say the vowel name and short sound. Color a snowball picture with that middle vowel sound. (2 dice options, one to cut and assemble, and the other as inserts for if you use the plastic pocket sleeve dice.) * One level includes the vowel written near the pictures for assistance.
Colorful Mittens (2 levels)
– Pick a colorful mitten card and say the color name. Color a mitten to match! * Second version requires reading color words.
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Penguin 10 and 20 Frame Clip Cards
– Clip the number shown in the 10 and 20 frames (numbers 1-20).
– Pick a card and say how many dots are in the ten frame. Find and color the skate with that number.
– Pick a card and solve the addition problem. Find and color the skate with the answer. (addition within 5)
– Pick a card and count the marshmallows on each side. Find the letter of that card and record the equation in the box. (addition within 10)
– Pick a card and count the marshmallows. Find the letter of that card and write how many on the mug. (sets to 12)
Penguin 10 and 20 Frame Puzzles-
– Match up the 10 and 20 frames to their numbers (numbers 1-20).
Ice Fishing (2 levels)
– Pick a card and solve the subtraction problem to show how many fish the penguin caught. Find the letter of that card and record the subtraction problem.
Version 2 is pick a card, find and color the fish that shows how many are left (no equations).
– Roll the die and say the name of the shape you land on. Find and color the wacky penguin that is that shape. (2 dice options, one to cut and assemble, and the other as inserts for if you use the plastic pocket sleeve dice.)
Mitten Match (2 levels)
– Pick a card and count the base ten blocks on the mitten. Find and color the mitten with that number. *** 1 set of 1-10 and 1 set of 10-20
Winter Count It (2 levels)
– Pick a card and count how many. Record the number in the boxes below. *** 1 set of counting objects, 1 set of counting tally marks
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
***************************************************************************** More Winter Activities
Winter Emergent Readers
Winter Writing Center Activities