Are you looking for a pack of materials that will support comprehension as you teach the story 'The Jacket I Wear In The Snow' by Shirley Neitzel?
Want a pack that can also be used for 'winter clothing' in general, even if not reading/using that story?
Look 'SNOW' further! Here it is!
This Pack Includes:
1. 10 full color clothing cards (that match items in 'The Jacket I Wear in the Snow' by Shirley Neitzel)
*print 2 copies and make a memory/go fish game too!
2. B&W version of the above mentioned cards- can use for retelling (glue to sentence strip!)
3. 10 clothing labels to match the clothing cards (can use for matching, labeling, writing, etc)
4. Large pocket chart word cards “This” “is” “the” “.” to use with picture cards to build sentences in a pocket chart about the story/story recall & retelling [print several copies or just replace pic card into one set frame]
5. 12 ‘I Have, Who Has?” game cards (great for language, vocabulary, ELL, etc!)
6. Full page of story comprehension questions- for younger students, answer questions orally; for older/advanced students, they can use it as a printable and record answers
7. Story retelling dice & spinner (easy to construct- students roll/spin and answer question in that section of the dice/spinner about the story)
8. Story retelling recording printable (students roll/spin and then find that area to record their answer)
9. Original winter clothes poem (tune- 10 Little Indians); blank homework prompt included, as well
10. Winter/Not Winter Clothing sort printable (great morning work/homework/center activity)
11. Winter Clothing Graph (up to 5)
12. Roll-to-Dress-the-Kid (use dice to see what winter clothes to add- great math center!)
13. Winter Clothing ‘Read the Room’ activity- students record letters, words, etc they find around the room onto the winter clothes (can use a word they found in a sentence on the back if finish early)
14. Winter Clothes Glyph- students color the clothes on the printable (or make their own picture) based on the answers to the questions detailed on the glyph
15. Winter Clothes Glyph printable
16. Winter Clothes Foldable Reader (8 pages- Level A Early Emergent Reader; “I have …”; pictures support the text. Easy to make- fold, color, read!- no cutting/stapling required!)
17. Pattern re-write about seasons and what clothes they wear- can be bound as a class book!
18. Addition/Subtraction (to 10) practice on winter clothes- with key for coloring based on answers
All activities support and align with Common Core Standards!
Please download the preview to get a sense of the materials offered in this pack!
This pack would also work well with Jan Brett's 'The Mitten' and 'The Hat' as a supplement and/or extension for discussions about winter clothes!
Be sure to check out my Winter Clothes Craftivity
that compliments this pack well!
Looking for winter clothes and syllable fun?
Winter Syllable Center Cards
66 mitten/hat cards to review syllables!
Looking for more winter fun? My TpT store has winter shared reading packs, centers, games, center packs, and much more!
Direct Link to my TpT Store
May I suggest just a few of my best sellers?
Winter Animals Shared Reading Pack
Arctic Animals Centers Pack ~12 ELA & Match Centers & BONUS Science Center (less than $1/center)
Winter Snowflake Beginning, Middle & Ending Sound Cards
Winter CVC Worksheets for Centers & More
Please be sure to visit my store for some fun winter freebies, too!
Please consider becoming a follower so that you receive notification of future product & freebie uploads, as well as sales & special promotions!
Please message me with any questions you may have about this pack! The activities are mainly geared toward K-1, but modifications can be made to make activities suitable for PreK.
Happy Winter Clothing Fun!