This winter themed number sense resource gets learners up and engaged in counting to 20. This packet has 5 sets of 20 Count the Room cards and multiple recording pages to provide differentiation. The cards and recording pages have winter graphics. The graphics include a girl at a snow ice cream stand, kids making snow angels, a boy and puppy sledding, a puppy with a pile of snowballs, and a boy at a window watching the snowflakes fall.
This versatile resource has many differentiation options to best meet the needs of your learners. There are options for addressing quantities to 10, quantities of 11 to 20, and quantities 1 to 20. There are recording pages for each option. (In order to give learners enough room to write, some pages will need to be copied front and back to address quantities for 1 to 20.)
After you have determined the quantities you are addressing with this activity, you may choose from a variety of response options to best meet the needs of your learners.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may draw tally marks for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dominoes for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dice for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw snowflakes (make an asterisk) for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may complete ten frames for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may write the number word for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card and continue counting by writing the next 2 numerals. For example: With a card representing 7, the learner would write 7, 8, 9 as a response.
Print, laminate, and cut out the cards. Make copies of the recording page for the quantities you have selected.
Hang the cards in places all around the room. Give each student a clipboard, pencil, and recording page. Learners search the room for the cards. When they find a card, they write their response in the correct space on the recording sheet.
This resource helps learners develop numeracy and supports the Math Common Core Standards for Counting and Cardinality.
The graphics used in this packet are from various TpT clip artists. The credits page has a complete listing.
Thank you for looking at this resource. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Have a Wonderful Winter!
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
Snow Day Winter Ten Frames Math Centers
Winter Ten Frames No-Prep Printables (Quantities of 11-20)
Winter Literacy Activities Snow Friends Beginning Consonant Sounds
Winter CVC Mitten Match Up
$$$ Saving Bundle
Winter Counting and Numerals Math Centers Bundle (Quantities to 20)