Winter Creative Writing Assignment
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
A fun way to get students into writing with a variety of choices of topics and writing styles. Thanks for this great resource!
My kids thought this was a great writing activity. I loved reading their ideas too. The options were great for the writing and I loved the different forms of writing that were thought of!
Also included in
- Creative Writing Bundle | PDF and Digital Formats: This no-prep - just photocopy and teach, full-year creative writing bundle will keep your students engaged in their writing. This bundle provides holiday writing prompts (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter) as well as seasonal writing proPrice $19.99Original Price $27.00Save $7.01
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $269.99Original Price $337.08Save $67.09
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 8 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 8 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $279.87Original Price $349.84Save $69.97
Winter Creative Writing Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will select one of the provided character roles: winter coat, ice skates, coffee shop owner, local sledding hill, lost mitten, and create a written or visual product based on the character's specific writing prompt. This no-prep - just photocopy and teach winter creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this package:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Winter Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- "This is fabulous! I assigned this to my 7/8 class last week, and I love seeing the wheels turn as they approach this. Planning on having them share some of their writing with their kindergarten buddies."
- "My seventh-graders worked on this right before Christmas break and they really enjoyed it!"
- "This is great! My students loved writing their ideas down and had a lot of fun with this. Thanks."
- "Love the format of the RAFT writing and how it allows students to be very creative."
Want To Learn More About This Format?
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others; demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of three pages in a single sitting.
Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.