Mrs. H's Kindergarten
This English Language Arts Winter Themed Unit Includes
• Easy Reader – What Will You Need In Winter (black & white, and color editions) sight words; what, will, you, a, in
• Easy Reader – How To Build A Snowman (black & white). Sight words: you, a, put, big, little, the, on, your, is
• Fill In the Story – How to Build A Snowman, a fill in the blank book with writing lines and picture frames. Word list included.
o Copy pages front to back, fold in half and staple in middle. Includes 6 story pages and a cover with space for an illustration.
• Card Game – Match CVC words to pictures. Color coded sets for all medial vowels. Can be used as a “Go Fish” game or a memory game. Total of 66 sets (word/picture)
• Alphabet Sequence game – Place the missing letter in the middle
• Syllable Sorting game – Activity for sorting 1, 2, and 3 syllable words using picture cards.
• 6 game boards for matching CVC words to pictures. 1 board for each medial vowel and 1 board with mixed vowels for matching medial vowel sound cards.
• Spell CVC words, 4 picture cards for each medial vowel.
• Identify the beginning letter in CVC words, 4 picture cards for each medial vowel.
• Identify the ending letter in CVC words. 4 picture cards for each medial vowel.
• Identify the medial vowel in CVC words. 4 picture cards for each medial vowel.
• Direction cards for each game with suggested variations and Common Core Standards listed for each game.
• Recording sheets and game pieces for the CVC game boards.