Kids learn best when they are motivated, and what better to motivate them than the Winter Games? This package can be used to teach or review the countries and continents of the world.
1. Mapping the Winter Games:
- Table showing the year and hosting city/country, along with a place to write the continent. Continent answer key provided (you can use this copy with younger students or to make the exercise quicker).
- Two copies of the world map – one with country labels and one without
Map of Europe (larger size). Many games have been hosted in Europe. This makes it easier to find the many smaller countries in Europe.
2. The Equator: map and writing sheet allows students to consider how the location of the countries relative to the equator makes them suitable to host the winter games.
3. Graphing the Winter Games: How many times have the games been hosted in each continent? Bar and pictograph templates are provided.
4. Flags of the Winter Games: Use to make a larger pictograph (use anchor chart paper).
5. Bulletin-board-size Pictograph, complete with materials to record Canada’s past medals in the Winter Games and the MANY more Canadians will win in 2018!