Gear up for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang! Students will love this board game, which targets literacy, language and listening concepts with an Olympics theme! Simply assemble the game board and cut out target cards, which are placed in the center of the game board. As your students move around the board, they are challenged with answering questions/engaging in the tasks practicing the following skills:
1. Curling Comprehension- Short reading or listening comprehension passages containing information about the Winter Olympics with a WH- question to answer.
2. Figure Skating Functions- Given an item associated with the Olympics, name its function.
3. Snowboarding Synonyms and Antonyms- Given a sentence with an underlined word, change the underlined word to a synonym or antonym, as directed by the card.
4. Guessing Goalie- Describe the item on the card using attributes and other players guess the item.
5. Alpine Analogies- Solve the analogies containing a combination of pictures and words.
6. Bobsled Run Rhyming- Roll the die and name that number of words rhyming with the item pictured on your card.
Your students will enjoy this game while targeting practical skills!