Comprehensive Winter Games Unit
Just in time for the Winter Olympics!
For parents and educators raising global citizens, this downloadable no-prep packet
introduces children to 11 countries around the world through the Olympics theme. The Winter Games Unit Activity Pack contains 100 pages of learning materials,
• a history of the Ancient and Modern Olympics
• a brief history of the Olympic flame
• a brief description of all the sports played in the 2018 Winter Games
• world mapping activity
• an introduction to this year’s host city and country
• introductions to the Olympics top ten nations with the most medals; includes country facts, geography, brief histories, landmarks, wildlife, music, famous people, Olympics facts, a kid-friendly recipe, and recommended reading
• reading passages about six famous winter Olympians
• additional worksheets that allow students to show what they’ve learned, such as flag matching, word search, matching, fill in the blank, multiple choice, and trivia.
An answer key is included. These fun activities are designed for children ages 8 – 12, or 3rd through 6th grade.
Enjoy the PyeongChang Olympics!
This packet was created for Multicultural Kid Blogs, by member bloggers:
The Piri-Piri Lexicon
Open Wide the World