Winter Break Project - Tic-Tac-Snow
Looking for a super fun way to keep students’ minds engaged over the winter break? Well, this resource is designed to do just that! The Tic-Tac-Snow Winter Break Project
is filled with 9 learning activities that will have students reading, writing, and practicing critical thinking skills in unique and creative ways!
Here’s how it works…
Each student will receive a Tic-Tac-Snow board filled with learning tasks. Over the winter break, they must select 3 tasks to complete. The tasks they select just need to be in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row (like tic-tac-toe). Each task has a detailed directions page and a task worksheet so that students can complete the assignment independently. When they return from break, they’ll hand in their work for a grade.
But...that’s not all. Students are encouraged to do more than 3 assignments. In fact if they complete 5 assignments over the winter break they can choose a prize card when they return to school. Those students that complete all 9 tasks will be entered into a drawing for a fantastic Grand Prize. This project had been a HUGE hit
in my classroom. Students love the activities and I love that their minds are still working while on school break.
This Winter Break Project is absolutely ready to print-and-go.
It has everything you need!
• Detailed Teacher Overview - Project Overview, Implementation Guide, Optional Prize Review, Rubric Explanation
• Rubric - 2 are included depending on whether or not you will be including prizes.
• Prize Resources - 12 prize drawing cards and Grand Prize Poster
• Winter Break Project Packet - Student directions, Tic-Tac-Snow assignment board, 9 step-by-step Directions worksheets, 9 Task worksheets
Wondering what tasks students can complete? They can choose from…
• Writing a news article
• Researching a notable historical figure
• Interviewing a relative
• Performing random acts of kindness
• Reading for 20 minutes a day
• Completing a current event
• Reading and responding to a nonfiction passage
• Developing a persuasive advertisement
• Writing a critical movie review
This unit is also a part of the Winter Resources Bundle
. The bundle is filled with over 15 days of instruction and includes four resources - Winter Poetry Analysis Flip Books, "A Christmas Carol" Interactive Notebooks, a Winter Break Project, and an End-of-Year Reflection. You can check it out HERE .
You might also like...
Reading Comprehension Skills - Mini-Unit SUPER BUNDLE!
Making Inferences, Main Idea, Predictions, Sequencing, Cause and Effect, and Context Clues
Substitute Teacher Toolkit & Emergency Substitute Plans
Interactive File Folder - "Thank You, M'am" Literature Study
Independent Reading Program
- Upper Elementary - Middle School - 6 Weeks / 8 Assignments!
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction