Also included in
- Are you looking for simple, yet musical Winter Holiday Songs with K-5 differentiated activities for classroom or performance? This BUNDLE of diverse songs with attainable Orff arrangements is the perfect addition to your holiday repertoire. These three lessons provide learning opportunities that all$13.95$17.85Save $3.90
Are you looking for an energetic Winter Holiday Song with K-5 differentiated activities for the music classroom or performance? This joyous Orff arrangement of "African Noel" is perfect for Christmas or Kwanzaa. Differentiated activities are attainable for young students while challenging older students.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this helpful resource.
**Click “Play" to listen to the Orff arrangement in the video preview above.
- Hanukkah Song with Orff Accompaniment | Burn Little Candles
- Christmas Song with Orff Accompaniment | Mary Had Baby
- Kwanzaa/Christmas Song with Orff Accompaniment | African Noel
Accompaniment/Ostinato Patterns Included
- Two rhythmic percussion patterns
- Two melodic percussion patterns notated with and without prompts.
See the PREVIEW above for a chart outlining the music elements taught at each level.
Suggested Performance Options
- Grades K-1 - step dance, song, & tambourine
- Grades 2-3 - song, xylophone 1, & tambourine
- Grades 4-5 - song, xylophone 1, xylophone 2, & bongo ostinato
More Beneficial Differentiation
In order to provide for differentiation within classes as well as between grade levels, this lesson includes slides with standard musical notation and optional slides with treble clef note names labeled. These slides may be printed for students needing prompts.
Also Included in this Engaging Resource
- Full score with simple piano accompaniment
- Simple step dance for younger students.
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Simple ostinato patterns for younger students
- Challenging patterns for more accomplished students
- Introduction to ties
- Rhythm review interactive flashcards
- Guided instruction leads teacher & student through the lesson
- Built-in student response throughout the lesson
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific: The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodaly, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
If you are looking for more no-prep music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, you may be interested in the lessons below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, RE, Mi + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.