Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Social Studies Informational Text Research BUNDLE! These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying a variety of science topics. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the table of contents and index. The$50.00$84.00Save $34.00
- Science AND Social Studies Informational Text Research BUNDLE! These units are perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying a variety of science and social studies topics. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the t$183.60$204.00Save $20.40
Your students will LOVE learning about winter holidays around the world with this fun and engaging research unit. This holiday includes BOTH Christmas around the world and other winter holidays around the world, for a well rounded unit. The resource includes everything you need for a successful unit.
Your students will each be assigned a winter holiday to research. You can decide whether they work individually or in small groups. Students will learn how to do internet research to find out more about their assigned holiday. They will answer the questions in their Winter Holidays Research Journal to learn all about it. Then, they will do a final report about their holiday and art project (creating a decoration for their holiday). An editable invitation for an optional "Holidays Around The World Fair" is included for students to show off their hard work to their parents, other classes, etc.
➡️ PLEASE REVIEW THE FULL DESCRIPTION AND DETAILED PREVIEW PRIOR TO YOUR PURCHASE! ⬅️
Winter holidays around the world in this unit are:
- Chinese New Year
- Christmas in Sweden (Saint Lucia Day)
- Christmas in Mexico (Las Posadas, Reyes Magos, Three Kings Day)
- Christmas in Italy
- Christmas in America
- Christmas in France
- Christmas in Australia
- EDITABLE SPOTS- Add up to four of your own.
- Teacher Info Pages: This includes a sample unit outline, grading rubric, and lesson plans for internet research, intro lesson, research journals, and final projects.
- Internet research worksheets: These worksheets will familiarize your students with how to find credible sources on the internet for research.
- Holiday cards: You may use these to randomly assign the students to their winter holiday. There are cards for the holidays listed above, plus four more to add your own.
- Research Journals: The research journals will guide the students throughout their research. There is one question on each page for the students to find the answer to. 13 pre-written pages are included, plus 6 blank pages to add your own questions.Choose which version is best for your students.
- Parent Letter & Holiday Fair Invitation: Keep the parents in the loop! Let them know what is going on with the holiday unit, and invite them to the Holidays around the World fair, if you decide to do one.
- Holiday Info Pages: For each included a holiday, a page with a brief summary and images that represent the holiday are included. You may choose to hand these out to give your students a good starting point for their research.
- List of Websites: If you'd like to give the students the sources, a list of sources is included. You can also use these to assist your students if they get stuck.
- Final Report Pages: A final report page is included- a version with clip art to go with each holiday.
➡️ ALL PAGES COME IN BOTH FULL COLOR AND INK-SAVER BLACK AND WHITE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE! ⬅️
More Christmas and Winter Activities:
- Secret Santa Writer's Workshop
- December Sub Plans for 1st-2nd Grade
- December Sub Plans for 3rd-5th Grade
- Christmas Candy Math & More for 1st-2nd Grade
- Christmas Candy Math & More for 3rd-5th Grade
More Research Units:
- United States Research Unit
- US Presidents Research Unit
- Solar System Research Unit
- Dinosaur Research Unit
- Landforms Research Unit
- Animals & Habitats Research Unit
WANT MORE FREEBIES & TEACHING TIPS?
Click here to become a follower! You will be notified when I upload new products, freebies, and have sales! You can also sign up for my free resource library to get access to ALL of my freebies as well as lots of free teaching ideas at www.WifeTeacherMommy.com
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.