Try this FREE sample to see more. Holidays Around the World is a fun and engaging way to introduce students to different winter holidays celebrated around the world. Each of the holidays represented has an informational paragraph about the holiday, a video, and a game to play to find the clue for the escape room.
The holidays represented are:
- Christmas in America
- Las Posadas (Mexico)
- Kwanzaa (African inspired)
- Christmas in Australia
- Chinese New Year
- St. Lucia Day
Check out the preview and video to see more!
How does it work?
Students begin in an escape room and click START. They will see a presentation with instructions. They will be instructed to open the lock codes page and a notes page to keep track of the clue answers. Clues include puzzles, codes, matching games, mazes, and more!
Because each page in this escape room has 3 components, you may want to discuss the expectations with your students. The first time through you may want to ask them to read about the holiday and then do the clue. Then, they can go back to watch the videos. The videos are enjoyable and I think they will like them. However, if there is a time restraint, you may want to do that another day.
This escape room will probably take students 45-60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Link to Holidays Around the World escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Code (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- Great for e-learning, just send the links through Google Classroom or to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Please play the escape room and check to be sure your student devices will work with the websites listed above.
This fun and engaging digital escape room is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the link with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks, or mobile devices
- Access to Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ activities
- If using mobile devices, you will need the free Google Slides app downloaded in order for your students to edit the files.
- St. Patrick's Day-Grammar Review
- Immigration at Ellis Island
- Holidays Around the World
- Back to School
- Black History-Civil Rights Leaders
- Earth Day
- The Oregon Trail
- Field Day-Grammar Review
- Edward Tulane
- Honey Bees FREE
- Stan the Snowman-Winter Fun Puzzles
One-lock informational Mini-Escapes:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Rosa Parks
- Frederick Douglass
- Harriet Tubman
- Chinese New Year
- Groundhog Day
- Ruby Bridges
- Point of View with Fairy Tales
- History of Earth Day
- Importance of Trees and Plants - Earth Day
- The Life Cycle of a Chicken
- The Life Cycle of a Butterfly
- Cinco de Mayo
- Math Battle 3rd Grade - 4th Grade - 5th Grade
- Find the Imposter 2nd Grade - 3rd Grade - 4th Grade - 5th Grade
Be sure to check out the preview and video to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Instagram! I'd love for you to share pics of your kids in action!