Add a blizzard of fun activities to your classroom with this Very Busy Teachers' Winter Kindergarten Center!
Eight activities and 26 pages are included in the Very Busy Teachers' Winter Kindergarten Center. The following skills are covered:
A student check list.
• What Comes First - CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3a Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
• Winter Story - CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.3 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
• My Christmas Book - CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3c Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1 Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
• Snowman Glyph - Painting and coloring.
• Snowflake Match - CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1d Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
• Snowball Number Games - CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.1 Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.B.4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.C.6 Identify whether the number of objects in one group is greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group, e.g., by using matching and counting strategies.1
CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.C.7 Compare two numbers between 1 and 10 presented as written numerals.
• Snowball Dominoes - CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.B.4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
• Counting Presents - CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.B.4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
These activities can be used as centers, file folder games or as a fun alternative to regular homework. Each activity includes a task card, a hands-on element and an assessment piece. A record sheet is also included to help with center management!
Download the Winter Kindergarten Center preview file for an idea of everything that is included!
If you like our Winter Kindergarten Center then check out our Fall Kindergarten Center:
Fall Kindergarten Center