Winter Writing: Fun Winter Language Activities for Kindergarten to 2nd grade students cover a variety of early literacy skills! Differentiated (but otherwise identical) pages are included for a number of the activities. Please see preview for more info about these creative reading and writing skills in this 30+ page package!
Included (so far):
- phonemic awareness, in Winter: Fill In the Missing Sounds and in Valentine's Day: Fill In the Ending Sounds (no-prep) (3 versions for easy differentiation)
- basic math and writing: in Winter: Count and Print the Number Words
- syllables: Winter: How many syllables? Students can do this independently or as a group, printable provided.
- Valentine Word and Picture match
- two versions of a Valentine rhyming printable - one including words with the pictures and another without (no-prep), and a fun coloring page with a rhyming phrase
- writing: Two versions of a fun Winter themed 3-part Graphic Organizer are included; one blank and the other with prompts; and two versions of a fun Valentine themed 3-part Graphic Organizer are included; and another for 100s day; with writing paper to accompany each
- two printable activities for ringing in the New Year (reading for meaning, writing a short passage)
- two printable activities for Groundhog Day (reading for meaning, writing a short passage)
- Special fold-over Valentine cards that young students can color and sign; option to double side copy for an inside message
- a special 100th Day of School printable
- Monster vowel snow-pitch! Check it out in the top left corner of this pin!
- Valentine's Day and 100th Day Read and Write and More is now included in this product (free 15 page update if you have already purchased Winter Read and Write and More!)
- Tips page: Tips for using the above activities plus a link to a post about writing with young students using three part graphic organizers, and a link to a freebie
This product is also available in:
Sample it free!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
More Read and Write and More!
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
Pop by for a visit on:
my blog - That Fun Reading Teacher.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Winter language activities | literacy activities | Valentine's Day activities | New Year's Activities | Groundhog Day Activities | kindergarten | primary language arts | syllables | phonics | words | number words | graphic organizers | 100th day of school K-2 writing activities