Keep your students engaged this winter with this comprehension activity! You students will love the novel facts and high interest material. Guaranteed to spark additional conversation!
This resource will target auditory skills of listening for details. You can also use the task cards to target reading comprehension.
All text is nonfiction and covers many aspects of Winter:
To use this activity the SLP/teacher will read one of the fun fact task cards to the first player. Each card has a factual statement and a question. After the student answers he/she is allowed to draw a game card. Play continues in this fashion going to the next player(s) until all the cards have been answered.
Your students will keep a tally of the points they receive from their snowboarding performance. Each game card states how they completed a trick in a halfpipe competition. High score wins!
It can also be used to target these additional skills:
• carryover of articulation skills
• fluency of speech
• rate and volume of voice
• reading comprehension
• Listening Comprehension: Listening for Details Christmas Fun Facts:
• Grammar Game: Pass the Verbs
• Language Activity Flextangle Word Relationships
• Articulation Activity Flextangle For Grades 4,5,6
• SLAP IT Describing Card Game, Adjectives