Winter Literacy Center | Synonym Snowman Word Work Activity for January
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Keeping upper elementary students engaged with winter literacy activities is easier with fun, hands-on learning opportunities. Especially right after a long holiday break. This editable winter literacy station can be used to help students review synonyms and antonyms with a fun snowman theme!
For this winter activity, each snowman has two synonyms on his body that students must match.
- OPTION 1:--Snowman Synonyms for a Literacy Center--Cut the snowmen apart and have your students match each synonym for an engaging winter literacy center. Your students can extend their work with the included response sheet, where they will write a sentence using their synonyms.
- OPTION 2: --Snowman Synonyms SCOOT Game that includes Antonym Practice--Leave each snowman in one whole piece so that students see both synonyms. Then play a SCOOT game (with the included SCOOT sheet) where students can write an antonym to match the synonyms.
- OPTION 3: --Snowman Synonyms Google Forms for Distance Learning--The Google Forms version included has a direct link allowing you to make your own copy. Then you can assign this synonym activity virtually.
- This is a great resource. My students enjoyed using it. Thank you! -Anissa
- Students were challenged and engaged...a perfect combination. Thanks! -Laura
- So cute! My students loved these! -Jennifer
- Great resource and love the theme. Thank you! -Amanda
- AND MORE!! See additional feedback below
- These snowmen are EDITABLE so that you can change the synonyms for your class.--This makes differentiation so much easier for you.
- The variety of options allows you to use this with whole group, small group, and online learning--flexibility gives you greater control.
- Your students need something fun, challenging, but not too hard during those frigid winter months--so that they won't be bored.
- FREE UPDATES for life!
- Standards-aligned synonym practice for students in Grades 3-5.
- This resource is saved in a compressed zip file. Please check your computer's compatibility to download zip files.
- A direct link to the Google Forms version is included in the PDF of the resource.
✐ If I Lived in a Snow Globe Winter Writing
✐ January Informational Text Passages
⭐WANT DISCOUNTED TPT RESOURCES?!
Did you know that you can get TpT Credit that lowers the prices of your future purchases?
Each time you make a purchase, you can offer a rating and feedback on that resource in exchange for credits that will go towards your next purchase!
So thanks in advance for your rating and feedback!
⭐LET'S STAY CONNECTED!
Please consider clicking the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
©Tanya G. Marshall--The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved December 2019 (UPDATED 2020)
Product Cover Stock Image Credit: Adobe Stock Images
For ALL resources from my store, please be mindful of "sharing" resources with co-teachers and other teacher-friends. I offer generous multiple-license discounts and school-wide licenses so that your teaching team can have copies for themselves.
Thanks for honoring these professional standards of ethics.