Winter Literacy Centers is a packet of winter themed centers. The activities can be used at a winter thematic center or as part of word work activities. It includes the following literacy activities:
1. Snowmen in Winter Sort – sort the pictures into two categories: words with a long a vowel sound and words with a short a vowel sound.
2. It’s All About Winter ABC Order – put the words in alphabetical order. Choose 3 words. Write a sentence for each of the words.
3. Catching Snowflakes Noun Sort – sort the winter words into 3 categories: person, place, and thing. Write three sentences using one of the words from each category in each sentence.
4. Snowball Fun! Compound Words – match the two sides of the snowballs to make compound words. Write a compound word in the blank to complete each sentence.
5. Ready for Winter Blends Sort – sort the pictures into three categories: words with the beginning blends sn, sp, and st.
6. Happy Snowballs Syllable Sort – sort the words into 3 categories: 1 syllable, 2 syllable, and 3 syllable words. Choose a 1 syllable, 2 syllable, and 3 syllable word. Use each word in a sentence and illustrate.
7. Chilly Winter Contractions – match the sets of words to the contractions.
8. Fun in the Snow Sentences – put the words in order to make sentences.
9. Brrrr! It’s Cold Outside! Digraph Sort – sort the winter caps picture cards into three categories: words that start with ch, sh, and th.
Includes graphics by Fancy Dog Studio
. Graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 0813188809.
For more WINTER
Winter Literacy and Math
Winter Math Story Problems Addition
Winter Math Story Problems Subtraction
Winter Writing for Kinders
Winter Writing for Firsties
Winter Writing for Second Graders
Winter Math Centers First Grade
Winter Literacy and Math Centers Bundle
Thank you for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse