Winter Literacy Centers is a fun winter season themed packet of 9 centers for first grade. Use these during December, January, and February to practice and reinforce literacy skills. Students review and practice long and short vowels, ABC order, nouns, compound words, blends, syllables, contractions, sentences, and digraphs! The activities are perfect for literacy tubs or stations, small group guided reading instruction, morning work, and early finisher activities.
The packet includes the following literacy activities:
- Winter Snowmen Sort – sort the pictures into two categories: words with a long a vowel sound and words with a short a vowel sound.
- All About Winter ABC Order – put the words in alphabetical order. Choose 3 words. Write a sentence for each of the words.
- Catching Snowflakes Noun Sort – sort the winter words into 3 categories: person, place, and thing. Write three sentences using one of the words from each category in each sentence.
- Snowball Fun! Compound Words – match the two sides of the snowballs to make compound words. Write a compound word in the blank to complete each sentence.
- Ready for Winter Blends Sort – sort the pictures into three categories: words with the beginning blends sn, sp, and st.
- Happy Snowballs Syllable Sort – sort the words into 3 categories: 1 syllable, 2 syllable, and 3 syllable words. Choose a 1 syllable, 2 syllable, and 3 syllable word. Use each word in a sentence and illustrate.
- Chilly Winter Contractions – match the sets of words to the contractions.
- Fun in the Snow Sentences – put the words in order to make sentences.
- Brrr! It’s Cold Outside! Digraph Sort – sort the winter caps picture cards into three categories: words that start with ch, sh, and th.
See the Preview for a detailed view of what's included in the packet.
You may also like these WINTER activities:
Click HERE to follow First Grade Schoolhouse for updates, freebies, and notifications of new products.
Thank you ♥♥♥ for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse