Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These Winter centers include 12 reading, math, and writing activities that would be great for any K-2 classroom. Some of these activities are sold in my TPT store but you save money by purchasing the bundle as well as get activities that are not sold separately. Check out the preview file or click HERE to see these activities used in my classroom!
1. Snowy Sounds (phoneme segmentation game)- students will say the word, listen for how many sounds are in that word, then move that many spaces on the game board
2. Winter Scrambled Sentences – students will put word cards in order to complete simple sentences about Winter. (5 sentences)
3. Winter Emergent Readers - I have created a 2 emergent readers about Winter which include many sight words.
4. Penguin Pals CVC Games - Students will read the CVC word and match it to the picture or they can match the word/picture to the vowel sound they hear .
5. Winter ABC Order - students will put the Winter themed pictures/words in ABC order and record their answers.
6. Winter Digraphs - (3 ways to play) students can work on reading words with digraphs or use the picture cards and listen for the digraph sound
7. Snowy Shape Bump - students will spin the wheel, then put a linking cube on that shape, if someone else rolls that same shape, they can be bumped off
8. Winter Math Games - this game can be played 5 different ways for kids to work on numbers 1-20
9. Winter 1-1 Correspondence (2 games)– students will practice 1-1 correspondence by counting out marshmallows to match the # on the hot chocolate mug. The other game has students counting the winter images and then clipping a clothespin on the correct number.
10. Winter McClass Math Practice - included are worksheets to practice the biggest #, missing #, and # recognition 1-100
11. Snowman Sums – (3 ways to play) students will working on addition within 10
12. Polar Bear Place Value -4 games to help your students learn place value for tens & ones.
Feedback is always appreciated!! Don't forget to click "follow me" at the top of this page and then become a Facebook follower so you can get the latest information on freebies, giveaways, classroom ideas, etc.
Other monthly centers available: