Winter Literacy Centers for Kindergarten:
Hello Winter: Literacy Stations
This is part of a bundled set Hello Winter Math and Literacy Stations
. Save money and buy both.
Hello Winter is a must have literacy pack for Kindergarten centers! Themes included in this packet are: winter kids, winter clothing, winter sports, snow, snowmen, snowflakes, arctic animals and penguins.
What is included:
A total of 10 center/station activities
All center station activities are common core aligned. The standards are stated in the overview.
All literacy center/stations include:
• A recording sheet to assess students understanding of standards.
• A kid-friendly "I Can" visual direction card to promote independence and help students check for understanding of directions.
The Activities Included:
• Sight Word Mitten Match: (is, you, are, how, and, come, with, find, now, what, will, this) . (L.K.1a, RF.K.3c)
• CVC Word Match and Sentence Writing: (R.F.K..2, R.F.K.3)
• Hats Off to CVC words: (RF.K.2)
• What’s That Vowel Sound?: Identify the missing short vowel sound in each CVC word: (RF.K.3b)
• Snowball Syllables: 1, 2 & 3 syllable sorts (RF.K.2b)
• Marshmallow Word Families: Word Family Sort -an. –et, -op (RF.K.2)
• Snowball Mix-Up: Un-scramble the sight words (2 Sets) (you, what, are, is, this, will, said, she, like, play, come, for, go, and, with, now, find, the) (R..F.K.2)
• Snowball Word Endings: Identify the ending sounds in each word.. Record the word on the answer sheet. (L.K.1a, RF.K.3a)
• Silly Snowman Sentences: Put the sentences in order. (L.K.1, L.K.2)
• Snowman Rhyme Time: (2 Sets): Match the snowmen to their hats that rhyme. Write the rhyming words on the recording sheet (RF.K.1d)