Winter Literacy and Math Centers for Second Grade includes 10 centers for both literacy and math concepts all in a fun winter theme. Have students practice time, parts of speech, money, missing addends, multiple-meaning words and more!
✷These centers are geared towards 2nd graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit.✷
• Penguin Synonyms and Antonyms: Penguin Synonyms and Antonyms: Match each penguin with the correct hat that contains the antonym and ice patch that has the matching synonym.
• Skate Around the Contractions: Match each broken ice patch to create a contraction. Then match with the ice skate with the correct contraction.
• Snowmen Place Value: Build a snowman by matching the parts of a snowman that has numbers in numerical form, expanded form, and written form.
• Snowball Even and Odd:Solve equations with up to three digits and place in the correct pail based on if the answer is even or odd.
•Snowball Complete and Incomplete Sentences: Read each sentence and decide if it is a complete or incomplete sentence. Place the snowballs in the correct pail then rewrite five incomplete sentences to make them complete.
• Penguin Parts of Speech: Match each penguin to the correct ice patch with the part of speech it belongs to. Covers nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.
• Hot Chocolate Time: Match the hot chocolate mug with an analog clock on it to the marshmallow with the correct digital or written time. Has times for every 5 minutes and covers half past, quarter past, quarter to and o'clock.
• Money Mittens: Money Mittens: Match a mitten with the coins/bills to the mitten with the numerical value.
• Multiple Meaning Mittens: Match a pair of mittens that contain two different definitions with the correct word.
• Arctic Addends: Match each igloo containing a number with the equation on the ice patch where the number will fit.
•By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
•Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!