Are you in the need of a fun way to teach several literacy and math concepts during the winter season?! Well, look no further! This bundle is full of no-prep literacy and math worksheets/activities that cover tons of concepts including parts of speech, time, blends, complete sentences, two-digit addition, reading comprehension and much more and in a fun winter theme!
✷This unit is geared towards 2nd graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit. This Winter Unit is meant to be a time saver. Just print! These activities/worksheets can be used for homework, morning work, fun assessments, or even last minute substitute plans! ✷
To see each of the packs in detail see below:
Second Grade Winter No Prep Literacy Pack
Second Grade Winter No Prep Math Pack
Included in this unit is:
- L.2.5b Snowball Synonyms: Read each word on the snowballs and match with the correct synonym.
- Winter ABC Order
- L.2.4b Snow Day Suffixes Create suffixes using less or ness and then color the snow fort according to the code.
- Winter Fact and Opinion Write if the statement about winter is a fact or opinion.
- L.2.2c Skate Around: Read the words on the ice skating pond and form contractions.
- L.1.1 Penguin Parts of Speech: Read the words on the ice cap and write under the correct category: adjectives, adverbs, verbs.
- RL.2.1 Snow Day Story: Read the short paragraphs and answer comprehension questions.
- L.2.4 No To/Two/Too Alike: Fill in the blanks in the paragraph with the correct homophone.
- L.2.2b Snowy Salutations: 1 letter template with checklist.
- L.2.4Winter Word Meanings: Fill in the blanks with the correct word that fits both sentences.
- RF2.3E> Snow Sounds: Fill in the correct diagraph/spelling pattern. /ea/ /ai/ /oa/
- L.2.5b Arctic Antonyms: Write an antonym for each of the words on the ice caps.
- L.2.1, L.2.2 Polar Proofread Correct the sentences. Homophones are included.
- RL.2.1 Penguin Plot: Read the short paragraphs and answer comprehension questions. Non-fiction.
- Winter Word Search
- RI2.6 Polar Purpose: Read the short statements and decide what the author’s purpose is.
- L.2.2e Glacier Guide Words: Read the words given and decide what letter corresponds with the correct set of guide words shown.
- L.2.1/2.3 Freezing Fragments: Write if a sentence is complete or a fragment. Fix one or two of the fragments.
- Cold Comparison Complete a venn diagram with a classmate about the differences and similarities between polar bears and penguins.
- L.2.4d Chilly Compounds: Using the words on a pair of mittens, create ten compounds then use at least two in a sentence.
- L.2.1b Irregular Igloos: Read each sentence and circle the correct form of a verb.
- L.2.4 Cold Context Clues: Read each sentence and try and determine what the underlined word means based on the sentence.
- L.2.2c Plural or Possessive Penguins Read each sentence and fill in the blanks using either the plural or possessive form of a word.
- L.2.1f Ski Sentence Stretch: Read each sentence and add on to it.
- L.2.4 Multiple Meaning Mittens: Fill in the blanks with the correct word that fits in each sentence.
- 1.OA.6.Frozen Fact Families: Make fact families using the numbers given on the snowballs.
- 2.NBT.2 Missing Number Mittens: Fill in the missing numbers.
- 2.MD.B.5 Snowed In: Solve the short word problems about a graph using inches.
- 2.MD.10 Snow Days Graph: Answer the questions about the number of snow days schools had.
- 2.NBT.6 Mitten Math Solve the two and three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping.
- 2.NBT.6 Snowball Sums Solve the two-digit addition problems. Some regrouping.
- 2.OA.1 Penguin Party Help Pudge the penguin plan a party by solving the word problems.
- 2.NBT.4 Snowman Spinners: Using a paper clip and pencil, create 15 two-digit addition problems to solve. Some regrouping.
- Sweater Patterns: Determine what sweater is next in a pattern.
- 2.OA.4 Arctic Arrays: Write the number of rows, columns for winter arrays.
- 2.NBT.2 Snowflake Skip Count: Fill in the missing numbers.
- 2.NBT.3 Polar Place Value: Write either the numerical form, written form or expanded form.
- 2.NBT.5 Sledding Subtraction: Solve the 2 digit addition problems. Some regrouping.
- 2.MD.8 Chilly Coin Count: Using quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies, write what coins can be used for the amount shown. Try and use the least amount of coins.
- 2.NBT.6 Arctic Addition Solve the two-digit addition problems with some regrouping. Color according to if the answer is even or odd.
- 2.OA.1 Winter Word Problems Solve word problems about winter.
- 2.MD.7 / 1.MD.3 Toboggan Time: Solve word problems involving time.
- Cold Critical Thinking Using sweater patterns, think of numerals that follow each of the sweaters codes.
- 2.NBT.5 Penguin Party Code: Solve the 2 digit addition problems to solve the code. No regrouping.
•By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
•Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!