This 123 page, no-prep, self-checking game is the perfect way to have your students practicing forming compound words this winter! Students can take turns combining the two words/pictures at the top of the page and figuring out which compound word is being created.
Once they determine the word, students can erase the rectangle at the bottom of the page and see if they were correct. Not only will the word be revealed, but a picture of the word will also be shown - which is a great help for visual learners and students who speak English as a second language!
WHAT SKILLS WILL THIS GAME HELP MY STUDENTS DEVELOP?
This smartboard game is a great way to have your students:
• Understand that a compound word is made up of a combination of other words
• Combine two words to make a compound word
• Decode compound words
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE INCLUDED?
This ZIP file contains two file types:
• A Smartboard file for Smart Notebook (.notebook)
• An Activinspire file for Promethean boards (.flipchart)
LOOKING FOR OTHER SMARTBOARD GAMES?
If you like this game, be sure to check out my other smartboard games! There are:
• Smartboard BUNDLES
• Seasonal Smartboard Games
• Year-Round Smartboard Games for Phonics and Sight Words
A Turn to Learn