Winter Math : Addition Snowflakes
Also Part of a VALUE BUNDLE… Save $5.00! CLICK HERE
Preview the bundle on my YouTube Channel by clicking ★★HERE★★
★ 100 Addition Facts... Differentiate!
34 Page Download - Match the Addition Fact Snowflakes to the correct Winter tree.
This file includes:
• 19 Tree Sum Cards in 2 Sizes (Numbers 0-18)
(Print just the size you choose.)
• 100 Snowflake Fact Cards
• 100 optional Snowflake Card Backings
• 5 Addition Recording Sheets
• 4 Amazing Addition Awards
Common Core: Add and Subtract within 20
• CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.C.6 Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10. Use strategies such as counting on; making ten (e.g., 8 + 6 = 8 + 2 + 4 = 10 + 4 = 14); decomposing a number leading to a ten (e.g., 13 – 4 = 13 – 3 – 1 = 10 – 1 = 9); using the relationship between addition and subtraction (e.g., knowing that 8 + 4 = 12, one knows 12 – 8 = 4); and creating equivalent but easier or known sums (e.g., adding 6 + 7 by creating the known equivalent 6 + 6 + 1 = 12 + 1 = 13).
• CCSS.Math.Content.2.OA.B.2 Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies. 2 By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
★ 2 Ways to Play
Print Pages 1-29
Put the snowflake pages back in the paper tray face up and facing you.
If you would like the backs of the ornaments to have a reverse side, print pages 30-34, and the reverse images of the snowflakes will print out on the backside of the snowflake sheets. If you want the reverse sides to be plain, do not print the last 5 pages.
You can simply slice the snowflakes into small square cards on the paper cutter, or cut out the snowflakes individually.
How to play:
Give students the Tree Sums that are most appropriate for their abilities.
Turn Addition Snowflake Fact Cards face down.
Students take turns picking snowflakes, and keeping them if they can place a particular fact on one of their Tree Sum Cards.
Simply give students the Addition Fact Snowflakes and Tree Sums Cards to match up the snowflakess to the appropriate trees.