These winter themed math centers are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and have TONS of fun activities to do throughout the winter or the entire month of January! This bundle includes 19 Math Center Activities!!
Each Math center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
*NOTE: These activities are ONLY the MATH Activities from my: Winter Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included as well as the Common Core standards:
• Snowman Melt! (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve different addition equations.
• Waddling Addition Sort (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve addition equations and sort them by their sums.
• Build a Number Snowman (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4, K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.5, KNBT1)- Show numbers 1-10 or 11-20 in a variety of ways.
• Counting By Ten (K.CC.A.1)- Count by ten and put number cards in order by ten from 10-100.
• Counting By Five (K.CC.A.1)- Count by five and put number cards in order by five from 5-50.
• Puzzles by Ten (K.CC.A.1)- Put numbers in order counting by ten from 10-100.
• Puzzles by Five (K.CC.A.1)- Put numbers in order counting by five from 5-50.
• A Winterful Search (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Find and count pictures different groups of pictures.
• Let’s Count On! (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Count on from a given number.
• How Many to Ten? (K.OA.A.4)- Determine how many more are needed to make ten.
• Snowy Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Unscramble a group of 3 numbers and place them in the correct order.
• An Earful of Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Put numbers 1-20 in order and write the numbers 1-20.
• Winter Roll (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.OA.A.1)- A fun game! Roll two dice, count the dots, and identify numbers.
• Snowmen Shapes (K.G.A.2)- Name the shape and find/color the shape.
• Fishing for Subtraction (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve different subtraction equations.
• Snowball Match (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Match snowball filled ten frames to the numbers 1-10 or 11-20.
• Which Has Less? (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.C.6)- Count different groups of pictures and identify the group with less.
• The Greater Skater (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.C.6)- Compare two numbers and determine which number is greater.
**NEW!!! • Counting Snowflakes (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Place snowflakes under a cloud to show the number.
If you are looking for January Literacy Centers, you can grab them in my BUNDLE!
Winter Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
SAVE BIG with my Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE for the entire year!
Math Centers for the Year BUNDLED
You can check out my other Monthly Math Centers below:
August: Back to School Math Centers
September: Fall Math Centers
October: Halloween Math Centers
November: November Math Centers
December: December Math Centers
January: Winter Math Centers
February: February Math Centers
March: March Math Centers
April: Spring Math Centers
May/June/July: Summer Math Centers
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Math Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook