Winter Fractions Solve and Draw No Prep Printables are an easy way to make review work or practice engaging during the winter months. Inspired by a group of reluctant mathematicians with amazing creativity, these printables are designed to engage students in math practice with an artistic twist. This resource may be used as a fun quiz or as a review. Perfect for the sub tub or a math center.
These pages ask students to identify the fraction given using words and numerical representations, determine equivalency, and compare fractions using =, <, and >.
These drawings are not holiday specific and may be used throughout the winter season. Put a new spin on color-by-numbers, glyphs, and mystery picture drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing.
How Solve & Draw Printables Work
Students solve the fraction problems and add to the Winter-themed drawing based on their answers. Students are directed on what to draw but are able to personalize the item to their preferences and drawing styles. Drawings range from stick figures to anime inspired to cartoons to realistic and everything in between. Drawing is no-prep because it can be done with the student’s normal writing utensil (pen or pencil). You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required. This works well as a homework option for families who may not have those supplies to offer and is a great “print and go” resource for sub days, warm ups, and math centers!
Solve & Draw Fraction Printables work well to extend thinking and for early finishers.
• Identifying Fractions, using numerical and word representations, when given a visual
• Determining equivalency
• Comparing fractions (visual representations) with =, < and > signs.
Please see the preview for a better look at this resource.
Included: 10 drawing pages total, plus Challenge page and answer keys for each page.
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.