Winter Math Games Adding and Subtracting within 1000 Puzzle Game Craft
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Need to work on adding and subtracting within 1,000 with your students? Then you'll love this money saving bundle that lets your kids practice all year long! This download includes 36 puzzles -Nine Pumpkin PuzzlesNine Christmas Tree PuzzlesNine Snowman PuzzlesNine Flower PuzzlesPlus you also get puPrice $18.00Original Price $36.00Save $18.00
These NINE snowmen puzzles are great for providing quick and easy hands-on activities that meet the needs of all students. Use them for Christmas or winter math games, activities, centers, or stations. You get NO PREP print and digital options - making these the perfect last minute download.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Nine PDF snowmen puzzles
- a no prep PDF version of each puzzle
- Digital NO PREP puzzles compatible with Google Slides
- Puzzle mats (for students who need more support)
- a page of writing prompt ideas
- Writing prompt pages
- an editable rubric and exit slip in PowerPoint
PUZZLES INCLUDED -
- Adding within 1000, no regrouping
- Adding within 1000, with regrouping
- Adding within 1000, with and without regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000, no regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000, with regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000, with and without regrouping
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000, no regrouping
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000, with regrouping
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000, with and without regrouping
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- winter or Christmas math centers
- Distance learning via Google Slides puzzle options
- early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- critical thinking skills
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- Fun activity. I have some students who don't celebrate Christmas so I love this activity focuses on winter and can be done by all of my students.
- This was a great way for my students to review and practice their skills!
- Awesome activities to incorporate into my math stations!
- My kids loved it! Kept them engaged while practicing their math facts.
Let your students practice their adding and subtracting within 1000 with these NINE fun winter shaped puzzles. Each puzzle has various types of regrouping - or not - included so you can best differentiate to meet all students' needs.
Plus you also get a digital option where all puzzles are available in Google Slides. Assign the page you want each student to have - perhaps via Google Classroom - and they can complete it virtually with no copying needed!
This puzzle is great for winter math centers, Christmas, winter, a snowman unit, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), early or fast finishers, anytime in December or January, when there is snow on the ground, and more!
This will help address Common Core State Standards 2.NBT.B.7 and 3.NBT.A.2
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape (if you choose to tell them the shape). Tell students to rotate the pieces around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play!
There are two options for each puzzle. One option is each of the two puzzles in its full snowman shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don't know the shape. These will be more challenging. They are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
There is a puzzle mat with the actual puzzle pieces so students can put their pieces over the top OR a blank outline as a guide, but not direct help. Use these for students who need a bit more support with the puzzle shape.
You also get writing prompts to use with this shape. I recommend sharing a prompt with the class and putting these up behind or beside the completed puzzle as hall or bulletin board displays.
MORE GREAT WINTER DOWNLOADS FROM HOJO HERE.
These snowman puzzles are great for winter or Christmas math centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant Christmas or winter math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
LOVE WHAT YOU SEE? Please click here to follow my store to get notifications of new items, sales, and more!
Thanks for looking!
Here are some other winter math resources you will enjoy!
- Winter Math Centers: Multiplication Puzzles
- Winter Math Centers: Division Mitten Puzzles
- Winter Math Centers: Addition Math Centers
- Winter Math Centers: Subtraction Mitten Puzzles
- Snowman Math Centers: Subtraction Puzzles
- Snowman Math Centers: Multiplication Puzzles
- Snowman Math Centers: Division Puzzles
- Snowman Math Centers: Addition Puzzles
You can find great literacy winter centers below:
- Winter Literacy Centers: Synonyms Snowman Puzzle
- Winter Literacy Centers: Irregular Verbs Snowman Puzzles
- Winter Literacy Centers: Irregular Plural Nouns Snowman Puzzle
- Winter Literacy Centers: Contractions
- Winter Literacy Centers: Compound Words Snowman Puzzles
- Winter Literacy Centers: Antonyms Snowman Puzzle
- Winter Literacy Center Game | Compound Words