Thank you for your interest in my “Winter Math Mix” product! The winter-themed activities in this packet provide fun & engaging practice for several of the 3rd & 4th grade Common Core State Standards. (See the specific standards on my TpT product page)
Included in this product you will find:
- 2 worksheets with a numeration/number sense theme –Students identify 3 different ways to represent one number, then cut & glue them on the 3 parts of a snowman.
- 2 worksheets on equivalent fractions - Students follow a coloring code to match equivalent fractions on winter hats.
- 2 worksheets on understanding fractions - how to put 2 fractions together to make “1” - Students complete a pair of mittens (by cutting & gluing) on which the two fractions added together equal “1”.
- 2 multiplication fluency worksheets in which students circle and write an equation for 3 numbers on a snowflake that, when multiplied, equal a given number.
- 1 winter riddle page in which students subtract 3 digit numbers with regrouping, then put their answers in order from least to greatest with an alphabet code to answer a riddle.
- 1 place value/ computational fluency practice page where students do mental math to multiply numbers by using their math facts to 12 and place value knowledge, then cut & glue their answers to a matching snow globe.
An answer key for each worksheet is included for convenient grading.
These activities are a great way to reinforce or ‘spiral” your curriculum to make sure your students are retaining their math skills as you introduce new concepts to them throughout the year. Take a look at the preview pages for a sample of what is included.
Please leave feedback, as I truly value the comments I receive from customers as I continue to create new instructional materials. If this product is a good fit for the instructional needs of your class, please visit my store at the link below where you’ll find K-5th grade products in a variety of subject areas.
Winter Math Mix CCSS Aligned Activities for 3rd and 4th Grade
by Amy Bratsos
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License