Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$89.00$119.50Save $30.50
- Use these PRINT & GO math problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday themed math problem solving! The Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math challenges & brain teasers for every month of the school year. With this$49.00$65.00Save $16.00
Now includes printable winter math worksheets + digital Google Slides versions! Use these New Year's and winter math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN this January. These January math challenges & brainteasers have engaging holiday and winter themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
You'll be set for the whole month with 26 NO PREP printable + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for second and third grade math centers, homework worksheets, fast finishers, number talks, New Year's activities, Zoom meetings, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
January themes include: New Year's, penguins, sledding, football, Martin Luther King, yeti, polar bears, and snow
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Penguin Feast (Guess and check, organizing data, adding one and 2-digit numbers to 100)
- 2015 NFL Stats (Logical thinking, adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers)
- Record Snowfall (Place value with 4-digits, adding multiple 1-digit numbers)
- Snow Totals (Patterns, adding and subtracting with one-half from whole numbers)
- Hot Cocoa Combos (Combinations, organizing data)
- Highest Scoring Super Bowl (Guess and check, adding & subtracting 2-digit numbers)
- Super Bowl Blowout (Guess and check, adding & subtracting 2-digit numbers)
- Snowball Switch #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding multiple 1-digit numbers)
- Snowball Switch #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Sledding #1 (Multiplying 2-digit numbers, easier)
- Sledding #2 (Multiplying 3 and 1-digit numbers, converting miles to feet, more difficult)
- New Year’s Party Plans (Elapsed time, logical thinking)
- Marching on Washington (Multiplying large numbers, multiplying with decimals, very difficult!)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Polar Bear Picnic (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Yeti Yard Sale (Logical thinking, adding and subtracting money up to $10.00)
- New Year’s Equations (Mixed operations, writing equations totaling 1-100)
- Snow Days (Logical thinking, calendar math) 2 versions included (fill-in-calendar/create-a-calendar)
- Snowball Sums #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 2-digit numbers less than 20, easier)
- Snowball Sums #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, more difficult)
- Super Bowl Balancing #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations, easier)
- Super Bowl Balancing #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations, difficult)
- SNOW Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- JAN 1st Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- WINTER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- FROZEN Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SNOWFLAKE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher!
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!