Winter Fun! ~ "Winter Wonderland" is filled with language arts, writing and math activities designed to meet Common Core standards and have some fun. This is a bundle of my Winter Wonderland ~ Math Activities
and Winter Wonderland ~ Language Arts Activities
These bundled activities save you money compared to purchasing each piece separately.
Most of these activities can be done in small groups, with partners or independently. I included a student direction sheet for each activity (as needed), as well as any recording sheets needed. You may also choose to put the recording sheet in a page protector and have students write their answers with dry erase markers. That way you can check their work, then wipe it off for the next person – saves paper for you and the environment! Some of the activities include a black-and-white page version, as well as a color version. All graphics print equally well in color or greyscale.
- Mitten Match: make compound words and define by illustration
- Winter Word Work: sorting winter vocabulary words by number of syllables and by part of speech; then matching them to definitions
- Snowman Spelling: blends, digraphs and common word families and patterns (includes a blank form to fill in your own skills)
- Making Words: use the letters in the words “snowflake” and “winter” to make new words; includes word hint sheet
- Time for Cocoa: match digital clock faces, digital times and time phrases for hour, half hour and quarter hour times
- Snowball Numbers: practice with 2 and 3-digit number place value concepts (expanded notation, adding and subtracting tens and hundreds, base ten and number words)
- Winter Graphing: 3 different picture collages to practice tallying, using a table, creating a line plot, bar graph, pictograph and answering questions based on the data
- Winter Task Cards: 12 cards that review math skills
- Snowy Sentences: writing elaborated sentences, including details of who, what, when, where, why and how
- 3 different writing prompt pages: (1) How to Make a Snowman: sequence words and following directions; (2) Snow Day!: persuasive writing outline; (3) Winter is the Best!: quick thoughts and ideas about winter
- 12 Writing Task Cards: ideas for “quick writes”
-also includes 4 different writing papers, each with
a winter theme.
Check out the preview to see samples of each activity that is included.
Need just the math or language arts activities?
Winter Wonderland ~ Math Activities
Winter Wonderland ~ Language Arts Activities
Looking for more winter resources?
Animals in Winter Interactive Folder and Mini unit
Math Card Games
Tacky the Penguin book unit
Polar Animals nonfiction unit
Looking for more seasonal activities at a great price? Check out mySeasons Bundle by clicking HERE
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories