In this packet, students use everyday items and Unifix cubes to measure objects found in their classroom. The activities are easy to set up and designed to get children actively involved in their learning. Winter clip art is used on several pages, but activities can be adapted to any season!
Included in this packet:
1. Drawing activities that are used to compare tall, medium, short, thin, and wide (Yes, even in measurement activities, you can bring art into the process!
2. Recording sheets that have students searching the classroom for items that are longer than, shorter than, and equal to their shoes.
3. Recording sheets for students to perform simple measuring activities using Unifix cubes and classroom items
4. Recording sheet and snowflake clip art that is used to measure height with snowflakes and compare height with classroom friends
5. An easy to do activity using Unifix cubes to measure area and record results
6. Comparison of weight using a primary balance scale, an apple, and classroom items
7. Comparison of volume using a 1 cup measuring instrument, water, and easy to find household vessels
8. Comparing Sizes game using the terms tall, short, and equal. Unifix cubes are used to build towers and compare height. A game board, playing cards, and game pieces are included. This can be used for a math center and has 2 levels of play included.
9. Seven Measuring Math posters to aid in your student's independence while completing the stations