Get your students in the Olympic spirit with this non-fiction reading unit designed for student's in 4th grade and up. It could also be used as a listening comprehension unit. This unit helps students to learn more about the Olympics, including its history, events, and some of the athletes from Team USA. Students can learn about both the Olympic and Paralympic Games! This unit includes:
- 3 Non-fiction reading passages (Ancient Olympics, Bidding for the Olympics, & the Paralympics) with comprehension questions
- 6 Athlete bios from past gold medalists, with video links to see them in action!
- 6 summaries of the different Olympic events
- 2 graphic organizers
- A trivia game to test overall comprehension from the unit
- 4 writing prompts
- Suggestions for taking it further
Happy Winter Olympics!