Perfect for the Winter Olympics!
Snow, ice, fireplaces, and more! Watch as students analyze the patterns in snowflakes, show them how to turn a fireplace purple, and create beautiful "frost" that doesn't melt!
You can also use these seven demonstrations as "mini labs" or as classroom activities!
Originally designed as high school demonstrations, these are easy enough to be used in middle school, and most are safe enough for elementary school. Simply modify how much of the "science behind the demo" you explain.
Included for each demonstration:
1) List of materials
2) Step-by-step instructions
3) DETAILED and THOROUGH explanation of the science behind each demonstration. The scientific explanations are advanced enough for high school Chemistry.
**NOTE** You will need to purchase the following special items for the demonstrations:
1) "Disappearing Snow" (carbon dioxide fire extinguisher)
2) "Ice Skating on H2O" (ice cubes, small wooden block, spray bottle)
3) "Snowflake Fingerprints" (nothing required; OPTIONAL items are black felt and microscopes)
4) "Glow Stick Reaction Rate" (3 glow sticks)
5) "Ice Cream In a Bag" (milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, rock salt, thermometer)
6) "Fireplace of Many Colors" (popsicle sticks, Bunsen burner, ionic compounds such as table salt, cream of tartar, and borax)
7) "Epsom Salt Frost" (epsom salts, paintbrush)
Check out this FREE SAMPLE of one demonstration:
Winter Chemistry: "Disappearing Snow" Science Demonstration
Enjoy, and check out my store for other great science products!
OTHER HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE PRODUCTS:
Matter & Change Writing Worksheet
Atomic Structure: Model of the Atom *Bundle*
Chemistry Bell Ringers - Warm-ups - "Intro to Chem"
Hazard & Safety Signs
LAB DAY YAY! Banner
Lab Safety Quiz with key (editable)
Lab Safety & Hazard Sign PowerPoint Game (FREE)
Lab Report Rubric - High School