Wanting to get your students ready for the upcoming Winter Olympics and teach them about all of the events? Here is the activity/unit for you! This activity includes a Smartboard file to go over all of the events with descriptions and vocabulary necessary to understand all of the events. For those of you that do not have access to Smartboard software, the events are also given to you in a .pdf format. Your students can read these events or be taught what each of these events include. Also included within the Smartboard file is 3 different comprehension activities to see how much they have learned about the Olympics. Never fear for you non-Smartboard users, I have also included 24 flashcard comprehension questions in .pdf form with an answer key. Enjoy teaching your students about the Winter Olympics and maybe learning a little bit about them yourself. I know that I did.
Included in the Download:
* 16 Smartboard slides dedicated to describing the events and vocabulary necessary for each event and fun facts about the Olympics
* 10 items (2 slides) for identifying the activity by picture
* 10 Smartboard comprehension questions about the Olympics
* 24 comprehension flashcards (in pdf format)
* Answer Key for Comprehension flashcards
* 19 page unit on events and fun facts (same unit as Smartboard file but in pdf format)