Are some of your primary grade students having trouble with the concept of opposites? They'll love practicing antonyms with this set of winter gingerbread house games and literacy center activities for opposites!
This resource includes:
* 42 opposites cards (21 pairs) for matching and memory games
* "Race to the Gingerbread Cottage!" board game
* "Decorate Your Gingerbread Cottage" partner game
* "Read Around the Room" directions and student page
* Reference card listing all of the antonym pairs in the game, so students can check their own answers
How can you use this resource?
* Use the cards and games in your small group lessons.
* Put the games into your literacy centers.
* Use the reference card for a partner activity. Sit two students back to back, each with a copy of the card. Take turns reading the words back and forth: Student A says "up", Student B replies "down", Student A says "noisy", Student B says "quiet", etc. When this gets rolling fast, your students will love it. They'll quickly build automaticity with antonyms!
* Use any of the cards or games in tutoring or RTI sessions.
* Use the game playing pieces on page 13 to play the gingerbread cottage games. If you send these games home, families might add extra fun by using little candies to play the games!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases page.
Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short
comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Click here to follow my store. You'll receive customized email updates.
You’ll also find an occasional Followers Only Thank You freebie in your TpT mailbox!☺