This poem is a flipchart for ActivInspire and includes 9 different activities to do throughout the week. Here is I like to use the poem in my classroom:
1. Monday: Introduce the poem, read the poem, and explain the poem.
2. Tuesday: Read the poem as a class and figure out the missing words. Then work on the “ow” word family.
3. Wednesday: Students read the poem and then find the “Power Words” little and two (clicking on the words will make a circle appear around it).
4. Thursday: Read the poem and fill in the thinking map, snowmen are, have, and can.
5. Friday: Print and cut out the poem for students to put in their poetry folders. Students read the poem, circle the power words, illustrate the poem, and finally label their picture.
The other activities I used based on how much time I have. They include: going online to build a snowman and then hear the song being sung to you, practicing ordering the snowmen by number on a ten-frame (math), and you can play “Snowmen Memory.”